Tuesday, September 17, 2013

First 30 Days in the Land of Unexpected: 2

I completed my day getting myself oriented at the office and memorizing the names of my colleagues. A meeting was held to give me an overview of our projects. I’ll be overseeing 19 projects! These are small projects but when reporting period comes, it’s going to be a nightmare.


On my 2nd day, I made another trip to the grocery. I found what I was looking for, a coffee plunger to use for my rice coffee brought all the way from Bicol. The coffee plunger was worth 49 Kina which is approximately USD23! This country is ridiculously expensive. I also looked for a mug and a nice once costs 14 Kina and to make conversion easier, it is roughly US$1:2K, so I settled for a plain colored old rose though I hate the color but just because it was the cheapest, I opted for it. A spoon costs US$2!   

No comments: