Friday, December 2, 2011

Countdown

Today is the 1st of December, I am one of the many people or specifically Filipinos doing a countdown but mine is not a countdown to Christmas and New Year but the days that i'll be going home for the holidays. Apart from the lack of Christmas spirit in Dili, I personally don't feel any excitement towards it, I asked myself why but I couldn't find any answer. I try to reflect and find out the reasons but these are all 'could be' or 'maybe' because of...

photo from: iloveeasthampton.blogspot.com
...i have been celebrating it away from home and I got used to the feeling of observing it in any way I could just to let it pass

...too old to look forward to material gifts I would receive from family, relatives, friends and much more from a boyfriend. It has been long since I last received a Christmas gift from a boyfriend, I mean on the day itself. I either get it pre or post Christmas which is not exciting anymore. This year, or 2 weeks from now, I have no idea if I would get one

...apart from celebrating it with mama and my nephews and nieces from cousins. I have not celebrated Christmas with my boyfriend for a long time. Another thing which I don't think I would experience 2 weeks from now

It's all mixed emotions, there's something missing which I cannot describe nor articulate. I don't know...really don't know...

No comments: