Monday, July 27, 2009

A Different Sunday

I watched two ball games on Sunday. One was called "netball" which was similar to basketball except that there was no dribbling of the ball but just passing to the members of each team and shooting. It is timed, there is also a referee and they also change courts. However, much as I want to learn about the rules of the game, it was freezing cold so watching outdoors for a long time was not fun.

After the first game, I went to another ball game, which according to one on-line article I read, is like a religion in Zambia, soccer or football. It was a match between altar boys of two parishes in Chipata. In my stay in Zambia, I have learned so much about the rules of the game, although not fully but at least the basics. By the time I left, the parish team where I belong was losing, the running score was 2-nil. However, due to too much cold, I did not finish the match. Hopefully, in some other occasions I would get the chance and opportunity to watch football match up to finish. Maybe by the time I leave Zambia I would also be a great fan.

This capped the last weekend of July.

No comments: